19 Dec 2019 - 15 Mar 2020
10:00 - 22:00
The Chinese University of Hong Kong has been a forerunner in interdisciplinary research, teaching and learning in the urban realm:
In 2012, an interdisciplinary undergraduate Urban Studies Programme, jointly organised by the Department of Geography and Resource Management and the School of Architecture under the Faculty of Social Science, was offered to train future urban leaders who are competent in understanding issues from different angles and offering creative and sustainable solutions.
In the same year, the Master of Urban Design Programme was set up to nurture urban designers to create liveable, sustainable and socially just cities.
In 2014, the Institute of Future Cities was established to become a multidisciplinary research hub, a teaching and learning platform as well as a knowledge transfer centre.
All these units at the Chinese University of Hong Kong adopt the city as co-learning spaces, as a Mobile City Laboratory. In the Mobile City Lab, students, academia, professionals and local communities offer multifaceted understanding of urban issues and co-create place-based knowledge to collectively move the city towards sustainable development.
This exhibition showcases the following:
• Students’ learning projects from the Urban Studies Programme
• Research works of the Institute of Future Cities
• Student projects from the Department of Geography and Resource Management
• Student works from the Master of Urban Design
• Overseas field trips organised
• Urban Thinkers Campuses under the World Urban Campaign, UN-Habitat